But what are the benefits of using a facial roller?
The list of instant and long-term potential perks that have people of all ages hooked on face rollers include:
- Tightening and toning the facial muscles
- Improving product absorption (from your topical skincare regimen)
- Promoting lymphatic drainage
- Addressing puffiness and wrinkles
- Increasing circulation through stimulation of skin
- Contouring the facial structure
- Tightening pores via the naturally cold stones
Ok, I can totally get on board with all of that, but does it matter which facial roller I use?
Both facial rollers use naturally cool stones that, when used properly, roll outward, not in, help to improve and encourage microcirculation and the flow of fresh oxygen to the skin. Pores instantly appear smaller and skin looks tighter. Facial rollers ignite the skin’s detoxification process through improved lymphatic drainage function as the rollers flush out congestion and swelling. Overall, skin can instantly appear smoother, more contoured and dewy especially when used in conjunction with skincare topicals.
A few one-ups rose quartz rollers have on jade and the reason they’re at slightly higher price points:
- Rose quartz has inherent minerals- silicium, magnesium, iron, sodium and oxygen- that skin can topically borrow and benefit from when rolling.
- Rose quartz stays cool whereas jade is adaptive in nature and tends to warm with skin contact.
- Rose quartz is better known for its wrinkle-reducing benefits.
- Because jade is a soft stone and can encounter wear and tear with repeated use, a rose quartz roller may last you longer (trust us, we did a drop test).